Conference presentations by CAI staff / board members
Presentation at The Care Alliance Ireland AGM September 2022
Presentation at The National Alliance of Caregiving (NAC) World Carers Conversation May 2022
Presentation at the Covid-19 Innovation For Family Carers: Knowledge Exchange Event July 2021
Presentation at Care Alliance Ireland Board Meeting September 2019
Presentation at All Ireland Research in Social Work Conference June 2019
Presentation at Care Alliance Ireland AGM - September 2018
Presentations at Social Work and Sustainable Development World Conference, Dublin - July 2018
- Are Social Workers Successfully Engaging with Family Carers?
- Social Work Practice Teaching in Non-traditional, Desk-based Settings
- Social Media (Facebook) as an Intervention to Support Family Carers
Presentation at Governance Training Seminar - 5th and 12th March 2018
Presentations at 7th International Carers Conference, Adelaide, 3-5 October 2017
- Supporting Professionals to Support Young Carers - an EU Experience (Oral Presentation)
- Developing a Carer Needs Assessment an integrated approach (Oral Presentation)
- Post-Caregiving: Family Carers’ Experiences of Cessation of the Caring Role – Implications for Policy and Practice (Oral Presentation)
- Do Leaflet Drops and Targeted Social Media Ads Increase Carer Identification? (Poster Presentation)
- Having An Impact– Supporting High Quality Family Carer Training (Poster Presentation)
- Stigma Experienced by Family Carers (Poster Presentation)
Presentation at Social Policy Network meeting, 8 February 2017
Presentations at 4th International Long Term Care Policy Network Conference, London 5-7 Sept 2016
- The Quantum of Public Home Care Provision in Ireland- Relationship with Economic Growth, Liam O'Sullivan, Executive Director, Care Alliance Ireland.
- Intellectual Disability, Caring and Role Reversal, Zoe Hughes, Policy and Research Officer, Care Alliance Ireland.
Open Access Week 2015- "Creating opportunites to Work Together"- Dublin, 23 October 2015
- Experiences of Open Access in the Not-for-Proft Sector- Zoe Hughes, Policy & Research Officer, Care Alliance Ireland (Slides only)
Care Alliance Ireland - 20 Year Celebrations - 15 September 2015
- The Value of Federations and Alliances - Diarmaid O'Corrbui, CEO The Carmichael Centre
- Care Alliance Ireland Milestones - Liam O'Sullivan, Executive Director, Care Alliance Ireland
- InformCare - Online Information portal for Carers of Older People - Zoe Hughes, Policy and Research Officer, Care Alliance Ireland
Presentations at 6th International Carers Conference, Gothenburg, Sept 2015.
- National Carers Week in Ireland - A Reflection (Liam O'Sullivan) (View Slides Only)
- Watch and Listen to 14 minute presentation ( Presentation beigns at 60 minutes, ends at 74 minutes) Click here
- "Whose Life is it Anyway?"- The Challenges of Advocating for People with Intellectual Disabilities and their Family Carers (Zoe Hughes)
- Presentation by Avril Easton, on Care Alliance Ireland Strategic Plan 2014-2017 (Sept 2014).
- Influencing EU Institutions (Christine Marking, Care Alliance 2013 AGM May 23rd.)
- Adopting Other Caring Roles in the Post-Caring Phase : Evidence from Irish Former Family Carers - SPARC December 2010 (.pdf 432kb)
- Carers Health and Wellbeing Dec 2nd 2010 (.pdf 2.17mb)
- Perspectives on Collaboration DFI Forum June 24th 2010 (.pdf 448kb)
- The Caring Reality of Family Carers - presented by Ann Stokes 15/06/10 (.pdf 508kb)
- Young Carers Research NUI Galway 2009'
- Health and Well-being of Family Carers in Ireland - presented 28th Oct. 2008 (.pdf 1.67mb)
- Perspectives on Collaboration within in the Community and Voluntary Sector - MOPAN - June 18th 2009 Full Paper (.pdf 0.17mb))
- Perspectives on Collaboration within the Community and Voluntary Sector - MOPAN June 18th 2009 - Powerpoint Slides (.pdf 0.47mb)