Conference presentations by CAI staff / board members
Presentation at The Care Alliance Ireland AGM September 2022
Presentation at The National Alliance of Caregiving (NAC) World Carers Conversation May 2022
Presentation at the Covid-19 Innovation For Family Carers: Knowledge Exchange Event July 2021
Presentation at Care Alliance Ireland Board Meeting September 2019
Presentation at All Ireland Research in Social Work Conference June 2019
Talking Points: Developing the Care Alliance Ireland Discussion Paper Series for students, researchers, and front-line workers
Presentation at Care Alliance Ireland AGM - September 2018
Presentations at Social Work and Sustainable Development World Conference, Dublin - July 2018
- Are Social Workers Successfully Engaging with Family Carers?
- Social Work Practice Teaching in Non-traditional, Desk-based Settings
- Social Media (Facebook) as an Intervention to Support Family Carers
Presentation at Governance Training Seminar - 5th and 12th March 2018
Presentations at 7th International Carers Conference, Adelaide, 3-5 October 2017
- Supporting Professionals to Support Young Carers - an EU Experience (Oral Presentation)
- Developing a Carer Needs Assessment an integrated approach (Oral Presentation)
- Post-Caregiving: Family Carers’ Experiences of Cessation of the Caring Role – Implications for Policy and Practice (Oral Presentation)
- Do Leaflet Drops and Targeted Social Media Ads Increase Carer Identification? (Poster Presentation)
- Having An Impact– Supporting High Quality Family Carer Training (Poster Presentation)
- Stigma Experienced by Family Carers (Poster Presentation)
Presentation at Social Policy Network meeting, 8 February 2017
Presentations at 4th International Long Term Care Policy Network Conference, London 5-7 Sept 2016
- The Quantum of Public Home Care Provision in Ireland- Relationship with Economic Growth, Liam O'Sullivan, Executive Director, Care Alliance Ireland.
- Intellectual Disability, Caring and Role Reversal, Zoe Hughes, Policy and Research Officer, Care Alliance Ireland.
Open Access Week 2015- "Creating opportunites to Work Together"- Dublin, 23 October 2015
- Experiences of Open Access in the Not-for-Proft Sector- Zoe Hughes, Policy & Research Officer, Care Alliance Ireland (Slides only)
Care Alliance Ireland - 20 Year Celebrations - 15 September 2015
- The Value of Federations and Alliances - Diarmaid O'Corrbui, CEO The Carmichael Centre
- Care Alliance Ireland Milestones - Liam O'Sullivan, Executive Director, Care Alliance Ireland
- InformCare - Online Information portal for Carers of Older People - Zoe Hughes, Policy and Research Officer, Care Alliance Ireland
Presentations at 6th International Carers Conference, Gothenburg, Sept 2015.
- National Carers Week in Ireland - A Reflection (Liam O'Sullivan) (View Slides Only)
- Watch and Listen to 14 minute presentation ( Presentation beigns at 60 minutes, ends at 74 minutes) Click here
- "Whose Life is it Anyway?"- The Challenges of Advocating for People with Intellectual Disabilities and their Family Carers (Zoe Hughes)
- Presentation by Avril Easton, on Care Alliance Ireland Strategic Plan 2014-2017 (Sept 2014).
- Influencing EU Institutions (Christine Marking, Care Alliance 2013 AGM May 23rd.)
- Adopting Other Caring Roles in the Post-Caring Phase : Evidence from Irish Former Family Carers - SPARC December 2010 (.pdf 432kb)
- Carers Health and Wellbeing Dec 2nd 2010 (.pdf 2.17mb)
- Perspectives on Collaboration DFI Forum June 24th 2010 (.pdf 448kb)
- The Caring Reality of Family Carers - presented by Ann Stokes 15/06/10 (.pdf 508kb)
- Young Carers Research NUI Galway 2009'
- Health and Well-being of Family Carers in Ireland - presented 28th Oct. 2008 (.pdf 1.67mb)
- Perspectives on Collaboration within in the Community and Voluntary Sector - MOPAN - June 18th 2009 Full Paper (.pdf 0.17mb))
- Perspectives on Collaboration within the Community and Voluntary Sector - MOPAN June 18th 2009 - Powerpoint Slides (.pdf 0.47mb)