Family Carer Research Group
The Family Carer Research Group is an initiative which is coordinated by Care Alliance Ireland, the aim of which is to bring together researchers who have an interest in Family Carer issues. Current members of the group are drawn from across the academic, not-for-profit and healthcare sectors.
We meet approximately 4 times per year, to discuss current projects, share knowledge and expertise, and to hear from experts in the field on topics which are of interest to the group as a whole. We encourage all members to look to the group as a source of support and inspiration, and to make connections which may be useful for collaborative projects into the future.
As part of the group meeting days, we have presentations from members on their current and most recent work. Whilst a lot of these presentations are not publically available, many of our members presented their work at our 2015 and 2017 conferences. Some past, and guest presentations are available below.
If you would like more information, or to express an interest in joining the group, please contact Zoe, the Policy & Research Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org / 086-8834942).
- Maximising the Potential of Family Carer Research and Knowledge: Dr. Mary Larkin, June 2018
- Exploring the lived experiences of mothers caring for children with complex needs at home: Dr H Nicholl Nov 2011
- The Lived Experience of Informal Carers: Daragh Roger Sept 2011
- Stephen Gallager of UL Presentation May 2011
- Liam O'Sullivan Presentation - Effective Carer Support Interventions Feb 2010 (.pdf 232kb)
- Assessing Telecare for Carers of Older People (.pdf 232mb)
- Assumpta Ryan Presentation Nov 24th 2009 (.pdf 1.23mb)
- Emer Begley Elder Abuse Presentation Nov24th 2009 (.pdf 411kb)