Care Alliance Ireland were delighted to partner with University College Dublin School of Nursing, Midwifery & Health Systems to host the our second biannual research conference. This follows a successful conference in 2015 (see details here).
You can download copies of most of the presentations here. Videos of each presentation are also available at the related links below, or at this link here.
- Towards resilience in family caregiving for people with dementia- Dr. Attracta Lafferty, Aine Teahan & Sandra McCarthy (UCD & Care Alliance Ireland)(Video link)
- A Never-Ending Love Story: A Narrative Exploration into the Experiences of Men who Provide Care in the Context of Dementia- Dr. Ann Stokes (NUI Maynooth) (Currently aunavailable)
- ‘Funnily enough it gave a sense of hope’: Comparing the delivery of a face to face family carer programme to a fully online programme- Fergus Timmons (Alzheimer Society of Ireland)(Video link)
- A Mixed Methods Evaluation of Intensive Home Care Packages for People with Dementia: Experiences and Outcomes for Family Carers- Dr. Fiona Keogh (Centre for Economic and Social Research on Dementia, NUIG)
- Caregiver burden and quality of life of parents of young children with cystic fibrosis- Prof Patricia Fitzpatrick (UCD)(Video link)
- I am the warrior: Lived Experiences of the Mother and Carer roles and Mental Health Group Membership- Bláithín Lally (TCD), Dr. Charlotte Wilson (TCD)(Video link)
- Engaging Dementia Carers in Research: The Dos and Don’ts- Joanna Joyce (Alzheimer Society Ireland) & Ray Creagan (DCCN)(Video link)
- Investing in family carers: a model for practice implementation of a person-centred approach to carer assessment and support within palliative care (Plan, Pilot, Train, Sustain)- Dr Janet Diffin (Queens University, Belfast)(Video link)
- An assessment of family members' needs following ABI to a family member: An Irish Perspective- Deirdre Murphy (DCU/ Headway)(Video link)
- A Review of the Carers Transition Group. J. Allen & B. Flynn (HSE (Department of Old Age Psychiatry))
- Saint Joseph’s Shankill; Caring for Carers Training Programme funded by the Dormant Accounts Fund through Pobal. S. Grant. St. Josephs Shankill
- Connected Health Sustaining Home Stay with Dementia – Attitudes from Caregivers. E. Guisado Fernández. UCD.
- Planning for the Future: addressing the information gaps for people living with COPD. D. Shanagher, B. Korn & D. Peelo. Irish Hospice Foundation, St. James Hospital/, COPD Support Ireland
- "Opening the Doors". K. Diamond & E. Honan. St. Francis' Hospice
- What Comes Next? Family Carers’ Experiences of Role and Identity Transition on Cessation of the Caring Role. C. Kelleher, L. O’ Sullivan, Z. Hughes & P. O’ Mahoney. UCC, Care Alliance Ireland & Family Carers Ireland
- An EPYC Adventure - Empowering Professionals to Support Young Carers. D. Dunne, L. O’Sullivan, B. Salzmann. Care Alliance Ireland & Diakonisches Werk Berlin Stadtmitte e.V.
- Having An Impact– Supporting High Quality Family Carer Training. Z. Hughes. Care Alliance Ireland.
- Barriers and facilitators to conducting a Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) project with family carers of people with dementia. A. Teahan, G. Fealy, A. Phelan, D. O'Shea, E. McAuliffe, L. O'Sullivan, S. McCarthy and A. Lafferty. UCD, Family Carers Ireland and Care Alliance Ireland.
- Profiling family carers of people with dementia: Results from a national survey. A. Lafferty, G. Fealy, A. Teahan, E. McAuliffe, A. Phelan, L. O'Sullivan, and D O'Shea.
- Characteristics of family caregivers of older people in Ireland: A national profiling study. G. Fealy, A. Lafferty, C. Downes, and Drennan, J. UCD
- An evidence synthesis of resilience in dementia caregiving: A systematic review. A. Teahan, A. Lafferty, G. Fealy, E. McAuliffe, A. Phelan, L. O'Sullivan, and D. O'Shea. UCD, Care Alliance Ireland and Family Carers Ireland.